Monday, September 1, 2008

Palin: Party Like It's 1998



It's not really something I plan on losing a lot of sleep over, but I will admit that I'm slightly worried about the following scenario: John McCain gets elected, dies, and then Sarah Palin becomes the president. I mean, COME ON, it's like electing my mother vice president! Apparently, what Hillary Clinton's historic "18,000 cracks in the glass ceiling" bid for the presidency actually means, is that any soccer mom with boxy suits and a bouffant (left), as though it where 1998, is qualified to run the country! And I don't even like Hillary Clinton, nor do I think she's all that historic. And, a minor in Women's Studies gives me the right to say so...although, I also like it when guys open the door for me and buy my dinner, so I'm not exactly sure how much credibility I have left in that area.

And don't even get me started on Cindy McCain...if I had 6 million dollars, and my husband called me a "cunt" aboard the campaign plane that I was paying for, I would eject him without a parachute. It's bad enough that the poor woman actually has to have sex with John McCain, but, no, she has to be subjected to abusive language while she squanders away her hard-earned (well, ok, let's not get carried away...) cash paying on his stupid campaign transportation.

I wouldn't mind going to a John McCain rally, just so I could slip her a note saying "I'm so sorry!" At least she knows how to dress, though. And, if you hadn't noticed, three days after Palin came on board, she lost the bouffant (right) and was sporting new glasses. Well, if no other good comes out of this, at least the poor woman got a makeover.

No comments: